Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My first week back to college classes were actually pretty exciting as oppposed to depressing. My new schedule of college classes is very different from my fall semester's. The only class I'm taking at the City Center is called Great Books 2. At the campus building, I'm taking Medical Terminology and Psychology, so I can get some basic pre-requisites for my Exercise Science Degree.
Great Books 2 is taught by Professor Santirojprapai. Our first lesson of the year was to pronounce his name correctly, with my guess being pronounced "San-tee-roodge-prah-pul." That made him laugh, seeing as the correct pronnunciation is "San-tee-roach-prah-pie."
The class so far looks to be a winner, except the name of the class itself is misconstrued in many odd ways. The first day back, as I walked in to the City Center, a kid asked where "Awesome Reads" was. I wanted to say, "probably the same place 'Gnarly Novels' is," but it was the first day back, so I refrained.
Medical Terminology is taught by Professor Rigney, who is my favorite type of teacher- strict, but fair. She came out front and said the first day that she doesn't care how well we do. She presents the material and it's our job to learn. She doesn't fiddle with grades, and theres a quiz everyday. It's gonna be a dry class, but very important for all of us going into a medical field. Psychology is in the same league as Medical Terminology, the professor is very clear of how everything will go, and the syllabus tells us exactly what we're going to be learning. Four exams will basically comprise our grade in that class, with small amounts of extra credit filtered in.

No comments:

Post a Comment