Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1

It’s been quite a while since my first post, but now things have unfortunately been set in motion that can not be undone. The first day of school was both rude as an ice-cold shower, and as liberating as riding a dirt bike.

I slept in today as my first and only kent class for the day began at 9:40. I first drove over to the Salem Campus’ bookstore to get my books, free, numerous, and incidentally, grouped together. I stood for 10 minutes looking dumb-founded all over the packed bookstore for my required materials until an angel of a woman asked if I needed assistance. I was out of there within the minute. I got to the S2S campus in Salem, the old Junior High, and originally the Salem High School, at 9:30. I went in the right entrance and upstairs, and quickly got lost. Luckily, everyone else was too. I ended up in the office with four other people in my Theater class who were confuzzled as much as me. Turns out, there was a typo on our sheets for room number. With that fixed we proceeded to the computer room to activate our accounts, and went to room 211 where we already had a substitute “prof” named Professor Dees. Cool man. He answered questions and quickly got us out of there. Two friends of mine and I walked outside in a fugue-like state, dazed that we had both three hours extra free time and three hours extra homework than high school.

A sweet thing I learned today was that my 87-year-old Grandfather, Howard Gray, attended High School in the same building I now stomp through. Just a fun fact. Anyway, even though it was surprising to get ample homework on the first day of school from a Professor that wasn’t even there, I completely trust the system already. There will be no baby-coddling, like in high school, which is almost as unsettling as it is reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment